Sun Protection Clothing Children
The sun uv radiation is damaging to your skin and that of your loved ones! Over exposure to ultraviolet radiation can cause short term health effects such as sunburn, wrinkles and sun spots; and long term exposure to ultraviolet radiation can increase the risk of damage to the skin which may cause skin cancer and eventually Melanoma, as well as damage to the eyes which may result in cataracts. The risk for Children is even greater at young age.
This message has been repeated by government and private health organizations in the hope it will raise awareness amongst parents and personnel responsible for children during their outdoor activities. Below are some important sun protection messages, which we hope will be useful and aid you in providing adequate UV protection for your kids. Please take your time reading and sharing with your community, your family members and friends;
MESSAGES FOR CHILDREN AS A SPECIAL RISK GROUP
• Extended sun exposure during childhood increases the risk of skin cancer later in life and can cause serious damage to the eye.
• All children below age 15 have sensitive skin and eyes – protect them and set a good example for them!
• Children below one year of age must never stay in direct sun.
• The sun is getting stronger and children are exposed to its damaging rays during lunch and recess. Encourage your children to use sun protection and to take a break in the shade.
• Most of our lifetime UV radiation exposure occurs before age 18.Protect your children … their skin will be healthier and look younger throughout their lives.
• Parents – protect your children from the sun. Teach them about avoiding sun exposure and the proper steps for sun protection.